make KNOBS

Pete French petefrench at ticketswitch.com
Tue Feb 26 12:49:49 UTC 2008

> Note that the phpmyadmin entry in our make.conf has no *functional*
> purpose, because phpmyadmin uses the OPTIONS framework.  It's used
> solely as a "reminder" whenever I do "make rmconfig" and need to re-pick
> what options to use.

Is the idea to move all the ports over to the OPTIONS stuff ? That's going
to be a real pain for those of us maintaining a lot of machines. I like to
keep everything in make.conf too - I found that for Apache it is possible
to do 'WITHOUT_APACHE_OPTIONS=yes' and then it uses the make.conf knbos
crrectly - will other ports end up working like this as well ?

cheers,

-pete.