more than 4gb of RAM (configurations)

Peter Jeremy peterjeremy at optushome.com.au
Thu Feb 21 08:17:40 UTC 2008

On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 01:41:30PM -0500, Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:
>I'd be curious to know if anyone's still hedging their bets by making their
>machine dual-boot i386/amd64 --- and how they configure it.  Have you
>thought about sharing /usr or parts of it?  Installed ports can seemingly
>mess things up.

I dual-boot my laptop (actually triple-boot if you include 7.x) and
have all 3 filesystem trees visible.  I have my 6.x/amd64 paths setup
to see the 6.x/i386 executables.  Mostly it works OK but I have run
into a couple of problems when building a 6.x/amd64 port and the port
build process had found a 6.x/i386 version of a dependency - which
causes the port build to fail at some later point.

--
Peter Jeremy