Can't delete IPV6 addresses with ifconfig

Mark Andrews Mark_Andrews at isc.org
Sat Feb 16 01:17:22 UTC 2008

> > > I'd like to know what goes on behind the mask.
> > >
> > > I sifted through /etc/rc.d and so on but it's not very clear.
> >
> > 	See sysctl net.inet6.ip6.auto_linklocal
>
> I actually tried setting that but it had no effect..=20
>
> I can't find any documentation on it (in inet6 or ip6)

	net.inet6.ip6.auto_linklocal is cleared, based on, ipv6_enable
	really early in the boot process before any interfaces are
	configured (see rcorder).  When the interface is attached
	the kernel will auto configure a link local address if
	net.inet6.ip6.auto_linklocal is still 1.

	grep for auto_linklocal in the kernel sources for all the
	details.

--
Mark Andrews, ISC
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark_Andrews at isc.org