Can't delete IPV6 addresses with ifconfig

Daniel O'Connor doconnor at gsoft.com.au
Fri Feb 15 00:24:40 UTC 2008

On Fri, 15 Feb 2008, Mark Andrews wrote:
> > Now to work out how to get rtadv going :)
>
> bsdi# ps ax | grep rtadv
>   181  ??  Is     0:09.44 rtadvd tx0
> 36505  p1  S+     0:00.01 grep rtadv
> bsdi#

Yes, after I created a link local address for fxp0 it worked fine.

I had to do so manually though - I am not sure what is responsible for
making them. I just rebooted it and it seems OK now though..

Any idea what creates the link local address at startup? (Mainly to
satisfy my curiosity :)

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum