UFS snapshot weirdness

Eirik Øverby ltning at anduin.net
Tue Feb 12 14:04:52 UTC 2008

On Feb 12, 2008, at 1:41 PM, Daniel O'Connor wrote:

> On Tue, 12 Feb 2008, Eirik Øverby wrote:
>> I am at a total loss here. Is it re-using the first snapshot I ever
>> made of this filesystem, even though I've removed it? Didn't I
>> understand how to create/remove snapshots? Is this a bug?
>
> Sure the old md isn't hanging around by mistake or some such?

Yes, I am absolutely sure of this.

I considered using the snapshot tool, however I need to reduce
dependencies to an absolute minimum (as one target environment is very
strict on allowing additional software installs)..

I use the snapshots to get a consistent file-backup with history. This
one puzzles me to no end.

/Eirik