synaptics problem

Matthieu Bollot mattboll at penia.org
Sun Feb 10 14:24:33 UTC 2008

> > I have another sugestion to your synaptics:
> >
> > http://people.freebsd.org/~dumbbell/synaptics/
> >
> > This patch make synaptics work with moused and, for me, it's awesome !
> > The only matter is to emulate middle button you need to tap with 3
> > fingers.
> >
> > best regards,

Hi all,
It seems that the current synaptics driver doesn't work with xorg 1.4,
but with the patch it isn't necessary for virtual scrolling and "3 tap
clic" for middle clic.

If somebody else has the problem :
- apply this patch
http://people.freebsd.org/~dumbbell/synaptics/psm-synaptics-virtualscrolling-c.patch
- compile kernel
- xorg.conf : use the default way with moused.
Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Mouse0"
        Driver      "mouse"
        Option      "Protocol" "auto"