synaptics problem

JoaoBR joao at matik.com.br
Thu Feb 7 17:51:29 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 06 February 2008 19:48:56 Matthieu Bollot wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've recently installed FreeBSD 6.3, and I've got a problem with
> synaptics.
> I've installed it, followed the pkg-message :
> hw.psm.synaptics_support=1
>
> It works, dmesg gives :
> psm0: <PS/2 Mouse> irq 12 on atkbdc0
> psm0: [GIANT-LOCKED]
> psm0: model Synaptics Touchpad, device ID 0
>
> moused_enable="NO"
> ps shows me that moused doesn't run.

hi
the synaptic thing is bad explained everywhere

if you want to use synaptics driver in xorg.conf you need to run sysmouse
first from rc.conf

otherwise you use as psm mouse and all synaptics options are availble in
Freebsd's desktop
then you do not need to set hw.psm.synaptics_support in loader,conf

--

João