gjournal panic 7.0-RC1

Chris chrcoluk at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 23:29:57 UTC 2008

>  Ok, subsystem can not work efficiently. Degrade service. Swith to
> "one 512 byte sector per second" speed mode. Disable all caches, doesn't
> try to work with all features. Complain 10 times/second on console (and
> dmesg buffer). Ok. But PANIC?! NO-NO-NO!!!

Yes given the fact I had a panic and the work involved in configuring
it properly I decided to newfs the drives again to ufs + soft updates
something that is faster and just works, googling shows there seems to
be very few people using gjournal so is still a bit immature for
stable status in my view.

Chris