dueling (s)printf()'s - what's the cure?

Chris H. chris# at 1command.com
Sat Feb 2 02:31:20 UTC 2008

Hello All,
I mentioned a problem with this once before, and was referred to
other threads that also talked about this. But I believe a recent
problem I was experiencing, may have been related to this:
[: -le: argument expected. So I'd like to bring it up again, in
hopes that someone might have a cure. Specifically, two printf()'s
are sent to the same line, which results in a /very/ hard line to
decipher. I'm afraid that that might have occurred during the
build process of a port I was attempting to build. Which, while
completed, and ran successfully. Seems might have caused me no end
of grief building installing anything affected by it. Ultimately
resulting in my having to do a /complete/ re-install of the system,
and all related. :(
To the point, I was dearly hoping that someone might have a
suggestion - or better, a cure for this (s)printf issue.

Thank you for all your time and consideration in this matter.

--Chris H

FWIW here is one of the related threads:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2007-October/078145.html

--
panic: kernel trap (ignored)