rdump stuck in sbwait state (RELENG_7)

Terry Kennedy terry at tmk.com
Wed Dec 31 02:25:07 UTC 2008

> I'm pretty sure it's caused by FreeBSD.  It can very well be related to
> PR 117603, a real nasty dump(8) bug that was introduced in 7.0 on SMP
> systems.  But it should have been patched back in March by this:
[...]
> So I'm real surprised it shows up again. We got a pretty large backup
> environment with dump(8) being a critical element of it.  I just hope
> the problem will be resolved before 7.1-RELEASE hit the streets.
>
> Terry, please file a bug report on this and get in touch with iedowse@
> who was implementing the aforementioned patch.

  I don't think my hang is related to that problem - mine seems to be in
the TCP code while that problem seems to be in the kernel / filesystem
code (or at least that's what I recall of it from prior discussions).

  Plus, my problem just showed up in a recent build. The last time subr_
sleepqueue was touched seems to have been back in September.

        Terry Kennedy             http://www.tmk.com
        terry at tmk.com             New York, NY USA