FreeBSD 7.1 - Actual schedule?

Ken Smith kensmith at cse.Buffalo.EDU
Tue Dec 23 03:42:08 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-12-22 at 20:07 -0700, Brett Glass wrote:
> The schedule for release of FreeBSD 7.1 at
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/releases/7.1R/schedule.html
>
> is so woefully out of date that we've given up waiting and built
> a bunch of systems with 7.0-RELEASE, even though clients were
> asking us to put 7.1-RELEASE on them. Where can one track the
> actual progress toward a release? There appears to be no
> "to do" list (as there was for previous releases), and therefore
> no way to easily keep abreast of progress, snags, etc.

Yeah, sorry.  I've apologized a couple times here about the
communication issues and indicated its actively being worked on for next
time.  This time is something of a lost cause at this point.

I just sent out the request that the builds for 7.1-RC2 begin, which
unless something *really* *really* catastrophic comes along will be the
last of the public tests.  If that's the way it goes 7.1-REL will happen
about 1.5 to 2 weeks from now, maybe a bit less.

--
                                                Ken Smith
- From there to here, from here to      |       kensmith at cse.buffalo.edu
  there, funny things are everywhere.   |