ext2fuse: user-space ext2 implementation

Bruce Simpson bms at incunabulum.net
Sat Dec 13 09:43:30 PST 2008

Paul B. Mahol wrote:
> On 12/8/08, Bruce M. Simpson <bms at freebsd.org> wrote:
>
>> I have rolled a port for ext2fuse:
>>     http://people.freebsd.org/~bms/dump/fusefs-ext2fs.tar
>>

> Ignoring fact that is buggy, slooow and port doesnt have any cache implemented
> and port leaves files behind in share/doc/ext2fuse when package
> deleted it looks fine.

Can you please relay this feedback to the authors of ext2fuse?

As mentioned earlier in the thread, the ext2fuse code could benefit from
UBLIO-ization. Are you or any other volunteers happy to help out here?

Can you elaborate further on the files being left behind by the port? I
didn't see this issue in my own testing.

thank you
BMS