[ATA] and re(4) stability issues

Victor Balada Diaz victor at bsdes.net
Fri Dec 12 04:13:12 PST 2008

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 10:50:21AM +0100, Victor Balada Diaz wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 06:00:56PM +0900, Pyun YongHyeon wrote:
> >
> > I've reverted r185756 which caused GMII access issues on some
> > controllers. If you are brave enough to try beta code, you can
> > get latest re(4) in the following URL. Note, I don't have PCIe
> > based RealTek controllers so the code was not tested at all.
> >
> > http://people.freebsd.org/~yongari/re/if_re.c
> > http://people.freebsd.org/~yongari/re/if_rlreg.h
>
> I've recompiled the kernel with the first file in sys/dev/re/
> and the second one in sys/pci/. I'm still testing with MSI enabled.
>
> So far tried rebooting using nextboot(8) (just in case i lost the
> network card i could boot again) and the card seems to work
> but i'll continue stress testing the machine with stress + dd +
> iperf and see if i can take it down. I'll let you know how it goes.

After a day of stress testing the machine haven't got errors, interrupt
storms or interface up/down problems. Everything seems fine.
I'll continue stress testing the machine during the weekend, but
i would say that this time it's fixed.

Seems lately there have been a lot of testing of this driver. Is
there any chance of it being on 7.1 or being MFCed after the release
to RELENG_7?

Thanks a lot.
Regards.

--
La prueba más fehaciente de que existe vida inteligente en otros
planetas, es que no han intentado contactar con nosotros.