why can't multiple programs listen to cuaXYZ anymore? (7-stable)

Steve Franks bahamasfranks at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 13:15:11 PST 2008

Before my last cvsup, I could have cutecom & a custom configuration
app (i.e gpsd) running at the same time on the same serial port.  Any
incoming data, both would echo it, and as long as only one was
outputting data, that worked fine too.  Now it's 'broke'.  I hear
noise about TTY changes, I assume that changed the underlying devices,
as well?

This used to be a major perk over windows for embedded systems guys
like me....makes debugging serial devices a snap.

Steve