Unresponsive after dtrace

Wes Morgan morganw at chemikals.org
Sun Aug 31 11:35:21 UTC 2008

I know this has been reported already, but I want to give a "me too".
After installing a new world and kernel from the tree yesterday afternoon,
I let my system run all night. This morning everything was extremely
sluggish and unresponsive. According to top, which I thankfully left
running, processes were going in and out of "*kmem_" (obviously
truncated). CPU usage was 80+% system and load averages were around 5.4.
The only changes I made to my system besides upgrading were to include the
options KDB, DDB and STACK in my kernel for zfs functionality.
Unfortunately, I cannot try without those options since my root is zfs.
Booting a kernel from 8/20 works fine.