WARNING: 7-STABLE BROKEN -- please wait to upgrade / Should be OK now

O. Hartmann ohartman at mail.zedat.fu-berlin.de
Sat Aug 30 11:54:00 UTC 2008

O. Hartmann wrote:
> Kris Kennaway wrote:
>> O. Hartmann wrote:

>>> Well, I hoped the 'buildworld' build everything process would do so?
>>> Do I need an extra option in my kernel config?
>>
>> It is a kernel module, it doesn't get built by buildworld (by
>> default).  If you use the default build settings for your kernel, it
>> builds all modules including this one.  If you use MODULES_OVERRIDE
>> or similar to specify a list of modules to build, you have to add it
>> to the list.
>>
>> Kris
> The module is indeed present, and it was all the time present.
> Obviously is something wrong or not in the right order with my config.
> When makeing buildworld and then rebooting the box, ZFS module does
> not automatically load OpenSOLARIS module when it detects its absence.
> I guess  I need to fix an 'option opensolaris' in my kernel config.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Oliver

here I am again. On a less critical mashine the installation process
(buildwork/installworld and the same to the kernel) went through without
problems. This box does have a ZFS device for backup purposes only, not
essential.

The box starts/booot.
When I try loading either opensolaris.ko/zfs.ko, I get this:

link_elf_obj: symbol stack_save undefined
kldload: /boot/kernel/opensolaris.ko: Unsupported file type
link_elf_obj: symbol stack_save undefined
kldload: /boot/kernel/opensolaris.ko: Unsupported file type
KLD zfs.ko: depends on opensolaris - not available
kldload: /boot/kernel/zfs.ko: Unsupported file type

I guess I forgot some of the recommended compiler switches ... ??

Oliver