WARNING: 7-STABLE BROKEN -- please wait to upgrade / Should be OK now

Kostik Belousov kostikbel at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 19:08:53 UTC 2008

On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 10:43:39AM -0600, Dan Allen wrote:
> Well I got bit by this and am dead in the water.  Nothing builds.  I
> tried the DEBUG_FLAGS=-g trick but to no avail.
>
> I get this:
>
>    cc: Internal error: segmentation fault: 11 (program ld)
>
> I do not have a backup ld.  (My bad.)
>
> Where can I get a good one?  I cannot find any servers with built
> individual tools.

The breakage from the WITH_CTF build is indicated by Abort from the
image activator. Signal 11, AKA segmentation fault, is not likely
to be caused by the dtrace MFC problems.

Just in case, if you have buildworld result intact, you should enter
/usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/binutils/ld
and do
	make install DEBUG_FLAGS=-g

But I think your problem is not related.