7.0 release to stable

Brian brian at brianwhalen.net
Wed Aug 27 16:43:03 UTC 2008

It turns out, as I look at the below, I was testing a unique process and
didn't realize it.

I started with 7.0 release for amd64
I did freebsd-update, installing what was available over the weekend.
After multiple tries at building world, I was finally successful and
wound up with

7.1-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 7.1-PRERELEASE #0: Mon Aug 25 16:09:04 PDT 2008

So, I was migrating not only from a release to stable, but more
specifically from a release to a prerelease.

Based on the threads just posted, I'll be leaving it there for the moment.

Brian