changing a ports final destination via make knobs question...

Matthew D. Fuller fullermd at over-yonder.net
Wed Aug 27 01:48:14 UTC 2008

On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 06:04:36PM -0500 I heard the voice of
Paul Schmehl, and lo! it spake thus:

> If you plan on doing this often, pkgtools.conf is your best bet.  If you
> plan on doing it once, commandline is probably the easiest and quickest.

I would say using ports-mgmt/portconf would be a better bet, since it
does its thing whether you use make install or portupgrade or
portmaster or portsuperwhatsit.  A line like

php5*: PREFIX=/usr/local/php5

should take care of all php5 base/extension ports, wherever in the
tree they end up.  Of course, you're still odd in the tricky woods
building PECL stuff or the like, which could go against 4 or 5.  But
that's a different mess.

Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd at over-yonder.net