changing a ports final destination via make knobs question...

chris# at 1command.com chris# at 1command.com
Tue Aug 26 22:05:35 UTC 2008

Quoting Paul Schmehl <pschmehl_lists at tx.rr.com>:

> --On August 26, 2008 2:09:27 PM -0700 chris#@1command.com wrote:
>>
>> I'll have a close look at $LOCALBASE. That sounds like a good
>> candidate. With any luck, it'll also cover extensions, ini(s), and
>> related libs. :)
>>

> Please be aware that if you change ${LOCALBASE} you change it for
> *all* subsequently installed port.  Chris' suggestion to use make
> install PREFIX=/usr/local/php5 is the correct one for changing the
> location of a single port.

Hello, and thank you very much for your reply.

Yes. After looking closely at the variable, I discovered that also.
So I used the PREFIX=/usr/local/php5. But as I build it (via php5-extensions)
I am not seeing the PREFIX variable reflected. Shouldn't I be using:
make -DPREFIX=/usr/local/php5? Or simply hack the Makefile?

Thanks again for taking the time to respond.

--Chris