boot0cfg and gmirror ...

Patrick M. Hausen hausen at punkt.de
Tue Aug 26 07:47:12 UTC 2008

Hi, all,

> hd30# boot0cfg -s 2 -v /dev/mirror/m0
> boot0cfg: /dev/mirror/m0: Geom not found
> boot0cfg: /dev/mirror/m0: ioctl DIOCSMBR: Operation not permitted

Simple solution: don't use boot0cfg - use fdisk.
I get the bogus (?) "Geom not found" message every time,
but the active partition seems to be updated correctly.

The only dicussion of this topic that I found dates back to
2005:

http://freebsd.monkey.org/freebsd-current/200507/msg00156.html

Still not quite sure about possible implications, but
I am happy as long as it works.

Any caveats?

Thanks,
Patrick
--
punkt.de GmbH * Kaiserallee 13a * 76133 Karlsruhe
Tel. 0721 9109 0 * Fax 0721 9109 100