Ath driver causes kernel panic (page fault) on 7.0-STABLE during use

Edward Ruggeri smallhand at crawblog.com
Tue Aug 12 12:27:08 UTC 2008

On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 5:34 AM, Thomas Zander
<thomas.e.zander at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 21:37, Edward Ruggeri <smallhand at crawblog.com> wrote:
>
>> I recently purchased a Lenovo ThinkPad with a ThinkPad 11a/b/g
>> Wireless LAN Mini Express Adapter (based on the AR5212 chipset).  I
>> got kernel panics while using the wireless card under 7-STABLE
>
> Do you still have this problem or did you find a workaround?
> Does it look something like this? :
>
> I upgraded my notebook from 6.3 to 7-STABLE on the weekend and get
> reproducible kernel panics ~2 sec of using the ath network card.

I never really got an answer about this bug.  I'm sorry someone else has it.

The bug went away when I updated world and rebuilt the kernel maybe
two weeks ago.  There didn't seem to be a recent change to the ath
driver at the time, so maybe it was something outside it that caused
the problem.  It's hard to say...

I am no longer on the freebsd-stable list, so if there's anything else
I can do, please feel free to write me directly.

Sincerely,

-- Ned Ruggeri