Wireless net Card

Chris Rees utisoft at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 11 07:17:06 UTC 2008

> Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2008 14:33:54 +1000
> From: Warren Liddell <shinjii at maydias.com>

> I downloaded the drivers for the chipset my belkin wireless card has, used
> ndisgen to create the kernel module, which all went aok .. however when
> trying to load the module it hard hangs the machine to the point of it
> restarting itself .. is there something i perhaps mybe missing or am i out in
> the cold in not being able to use this wireless card untill some time a
> freebsd driver is done ?

Which Belkin wireless card do you have? Which arch are you running (i386/amd64)?

I had horrific trouble with a Belkin on the Realtek chipset, played up
with Ubuntu, FreeBSD, Fedora, even Windows!

Trouble with Belkin is, you never know what you're getting. You need
the revision number of the card, and then find out which chipset it
is. Make sure the drivers you downloaded are for that exact revision.

Hope you have more luck than I did, I tossed mine and bought a Ralink.

Chris