IPMI Console: No luck once OS is booted

Larry Rosenman ler at lerctr.org
Sun Aug 10 02:54:45 UTC 2008

On Sat, 9 Aug 2008, Larry Rosenman wrote:

> I have a current RELENG_7 running on:
> http://www.supermicro.com/products/system/4U/7045/SYS-7045B-TR+.cfm
>
> with the -3+ IPMI card.
>
> I can interact with the BIOS, etc, but no joy once we get past the loader.
>
> Anyone have ideas?
>
> Attached is the kernel config, and the /var/run/dmesg.boot file.

I hate it when I post something, and then look at one setting on the
card, and fix it myself.

There is a key release timeout checkbox on the keyboard/mouse
settings tab for the KVM that wasn't checked.  Checking it
fixed it.

Sorry for the noise. :(

Phone: +1 512-248-2683                 E-Mail: ler at lerctr.org
US Mail: 430 Valona Loop, Round Rock, TX 78681-3893