em(4) on FreeBSD is sometimes annoying

Jack Vogel jfvogel at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 19:12:27 UTC 2008

OK, so your EEPROM is does not have the bug. As I was
saying before, I would like to see what back to back behavior is.

And, BTW, back to back does NOT mean hook to the switch,
that's the very thing that is suspicious. It means NIC to NIC,
no DHCP, assigned addresses.  And then see that you pass
traffic, and then unhook cable, see if link goes down, reconnect
and it should go up.

Oh, and exactly what kernel, and driver revision are you using.

Jack