ddb(4) scripts not working in RELENG_7?

Ulrich Spoerlein uspoerlein at gmail.com
Sun Aug 3 08:00:21 UTC 2008

Hi Robert,

I was testing a patch and getting a panic (page fault while in kernel
mode) in RELENG_7 running multiuser mode, but no scripts were
automagically run, although I configured ddb_enable=YES in rc.conf.

It simply dropped me to the interactive ddb(4) prompt, nothing more. Do
you have any idea what I could be missing?

Btw, you might wanna update the ddb(8) manpage's History section, as the
feature seems to first appear in 7.1 :)

% egrep "ddb|dump" /etc/rc.conf
dumpdev="/dev/ad0s3"
ddb_enable="YES"
% sysctl debug.ddb.scripting.scripts
debug.ddb.scripting.scripts: lockinfo=show locks; show alllocks; show lockedvnods
kdb.enter.panic=textdump set; capture on; run lockinfo; show pcpu; bt; ps; alltrace; capture off; call doadump; reset
kdb.enter.witness=run lockinfo

Cheers,
Ulrich Spoerlein
--
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool,
than to speak, and remove all doubt.