bluetooth keyboards and /etc/rc.d/bluetooth

martinko gamato at users.sf.net
Tue Apr 29 19:09:34 UTC 2008

>>> 2) http://geekinfo.net/article.php?story=20080427222204364
>>> 3) http://tingox.googlepages.com/freebsd_various_hw
>> You can mail to freebsd-bluetooth at freebsd.org to. There are some
>> responsive people with the right knowledge overthere.
>
> rc.bluetooth was "retired" a year ago and is no longer a part of recent
> releases.
>
> That said, I am also unsure of how to get Bluetooth  working for my Treo
> as the handbook is clearly out of date. I see several Bluetooth files in
> /etc which probably allow things to work without rc.bluetooth, but I am
> unsure of how to configure them. There is a man page on hcsecd which I
> am reading.
>
> In any case, the handbook is clearly out of date in this area and I will
> try to figure it out as available time allows.

I think you need to load vkbd (though I'm not 100% sure now).  It can be
loaded from loader.conf[.local]
Then you always need hcsecd loaded and configured and bluetooth hosts
file configured is useful.
And the same for bthidd if you want to use BT mouse and/or keyboard.

M.