What does system do after "Uptime: "?

Gavin Atkinson gavin at FreeBSD.org
Mon Apr 28 10:24:59 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-04-27 at 22:29 -0700, Xin LI wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just wonder what the system would do after Uptime: during reboot?  Will
> there be any callbacks be called?  I have received some report regarding
> hangs after this, and IIRC the only operation is to IPI BSP to do reboot?

Several callbacks are called after that message.  Anything that
registers with the shutdown_post_sync or shutdown_final event handler,
for example, and the dump routine if you are using "reboot -d".

Before trying to diagnose this, however, make sure you are running with
sys/dev/usb/ehci_pci.c 1.30 (which has also been MFC'd to 6/7), as that
seems to have been the cause of most of the recently reported "hangs
after printing uptime" PRs.

Gavin