bluetooth keyboards and /etc/rc.d/bluetooth

Torfinn Ingolfsen torfinn.ingolfsen at broadpark.no
Sun Apr 27 21:52:55 UTC 2008

Hello,

Today I set up a bluetooth keyboard on a FreeBSD machine for the first
time. The machine is running FreeBSD 7.0-stable:
root at kg-vm# uname -a
FreeBSD kg-vm.kg4.no 7.0-STABLE FreeBSD 7.0-STABLE #10: Sat Apr 12
21:42:55 CEST 2008     root at kg-vm.kg4.no:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC
amd64

I used the Handbook chapter about bluetooth[1] (which needs updating as
it doesn't mention bthidd at all) and mailing list messages as my guide.
Basically, I found out that I needed to set up hcsecd(8) and bthidd(8)
in order for this to work. You can read more ramblings about this
experience on my "various hardware"[3] page. I wrote a mini how-to
about the setup here[2], in case anyone is interested.

I haven't worked with netgraph before. Netgraph devices aren't
supposeed to create device node (names) in /dev, right?

where does /etc/rc.d/bluetooth fit in the picture? Do I need to use
that at all?