gmirror problem with HP Proliant ML110 G5

Steffan Davies steff at steff.name
Fri Apr 18 10:31:02 UTC 2008

Jeremy Chadwick <koitsu at freebsd.org> wrote at 02:20 on 2008-04-18:

> I've documented the DMA problem quite thoroughly.  The DMA errors are
> not specific to gmirror:
>
> http://wiki.freebsd.org/JeremyChadwick/Commonly_reported_issues
>
> If the problem is easily repeatable, and you have serial console
> available on the box, please contact Scott Long who has offered to help
> track the source of these problems down.

Just thought I'd mention that I saw lots of DMA errors when installing
Nexenta (OpenSolaris kernel) 1.0RC2 on an ML110 G5 using a ZFS mirror of
two 1G Seagate Barracuda ES SATAs. The DMA timeouts vanished when I
tried again with Nexenta 1.0 proper.

Might it be worth someone having a look at the Solaris SATA driver
diffs to see if any insight can be gained?