Jail crontab crashing?

Anton - Valqk lists at lozenetz.org
Wed Apr 16 08:44:00 UTC 2008

I've found the actual line from which the cron was crashing.
By mistake I've uncommented:
#1,31   0-5     *       *       *       root    adjkerntz -a

and that's in a jail enviornment, when I commented it again the cron
started working as expected.
I agree that it's stupid ti call this command when in jail, because jail
don't have perms to touch system time,
but is this behaviour of the cron a suggested one? cron to die if it
calls this?

I don't think so? what would you say?

Anton - Valqk wrote:
> Hi there,
> have anyone faced a cron crashing in a jail when changing the
> /etc/crontab?
> I'm running a jail with nsswitch using pgsql backend and I've noticed
> a strange behaviour
> of my crontab.
> Every time I change the /etc/crontab file I get (or make crontab -e
> and save it)
> /usr/sbin/cron[32864]: (*system*) RELOAD (/etc/crontab)
> in /var/log/cron
> and immediately after that the cron dies with a core (core file is in
> /var/cron/cron.core),
> I've made a ktrace but nothing strange can be seen in it,
> heres the link to the kdump file:
>
> http://valqk.ath.cx/ktrace.out.txt
>
> any ideas appriciated!
>
> cheers,