Disable DMA without loader.conf or sysctl.conf.

Chris Rees utisoft at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 15 21:06:21 UTC 2008

Hey guys;

I'm back to using FreeBSD, after my major hardware upgrade seriously
broke everything (teach me to optimise...)

I've stuck it on my xbox for now, and it runs like a charm, of course,
except it complains then dies on boot about the HDD having problems
with DMA. It's only using a 40-conductor cable, and 80 works fine, but
the cable is a special length; I need to use the provided one to shut
the case!

Is there _any_ way to disable ata DMA at kernel compile time?
Remembering that Cromwell won't support loader....

Thanks a lot

Chris

--
One of the main causes of the fall of the Roman Empire was that,
lacking zero, they had no way to indicate successful termination of

R< $&h ! > $- ! $+	$@ $2 < @ $1 .UUCP. > (sendmail.cf)