USB to RS232 converter problem (prolific chip)

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Sat Apr 5 22:41:53 UTC 2008

In message: <200804060121.56127.antik at bsd.ee>
            Andrei Kolu <antik at bsd.ee> writes:
: On Sunday 06 April 2008 01:12:53 Andrei Kolu wrote:
: > On Sunday 06 April 2008 00:32:17 Alec Kloss wrote:
: > > The the attached patch, also available at
: > >
: > > http://setfilepointer.com/pub/src:sys:dev:usb:uplcom.c.patch
: > >
: > > might help.  I've needed it to make uplcom stuff work.
: >
: > This patch works just fine (tested on 6.3). Thank you!
: > Why it is not submitted into base tree for more than a year?

Maybe because it wasn't in the PR database when I did my massive
cleanup last summer?  Would you like to volunteer to help move patches
posted to random places into FreeBSD or the PR database?  There's
plenty of opportunity for advancement into the project for people
willing to do these sorts of things.

: Another interesting patch:
: http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/mailarchive/submit/2007-07/msg00021.html

This is indeed an interesting patch.  Thank you.

Warner