gbde and geli on 6.2

Tobias Roth freebsd.lists at fsck.ch
Sun Sep 30 03:18:36 PDT 2007

Tommi Lätti wrote:
> Chris wrote:
>> Hi I am concerned about the availabilities of these encryptions in
>> freebsd releases that are marked stable.
>>
>> It seems gbde has a problem when the the data written goes over the
>> lba boundary around lba48.
>
> I wonder if this is a problem in 5.4?
>
> I'm using 3x300G (separate partitions) on my 5.4 box for a year now, no
> problems, one of them is full.
>
> I'm preparing to update to 6.2 so this could put a big damper on that...

This is unrelated to the discussed problem, but there was some gotcha
that was related to moving from 5.4 to 6.something when using gbde.

IIRC it came to effect if you did not use the standard number of keys,
but used only one. But it's some time I updated and I don't remember the
exact details.

Cheers,
Tobias