apache core dump signal 11 after portupgrade from 1.3.37 to 1.3.39

Torfinn Ingolfsen torfinn.ingolfsen at broadpark.no
Sun Sep 30 00:29:21 PDT 2007

On Sat, 29 Sep 2007 13:39:28 -0700
David Gessel <gessel at blackrosetech.com> wrote:

> I did a portupgrade -ra to 1.3.39 and after a reboot found apache not
> running.  I've poked around and haven't found much that's useful -
> signal 11 being sometimes associated with memory errors (a memory
> test comes up fine, though it is unlikely that an update would crack
> the RAM).  Otherwise few hints.  Any suggestions would be much
> appreciated.

In my experience, when apache crashes after an upgrade, that usually
means that one (or more) of the modules used in your Apache setup
(httpd.conf) needs to be reinstalled (portupgrade -f).
To try to find out which module(s), I usually disable then one after
another in httpd.conf until apache runs stable again.

For example, it could be php that is the problem.

Good luck!
--
Regards,
Torfinn Ingolfsen