nfe driver 6.2 stable

Pyun YongHyeon pyunyh at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 17:11:03 PDT 2007

On Thu, Sep 27, 2007 at 06:30:20PM +0100, Chris wrote:
 > On 27/09/2007, Pyun YongHyeon <pyunyh at gmail.com> wrote:
 > > On Mon, Sep 24, 2007 at 04:44:09PM +0100, Chris wrote:

[...]
 > >  > The card is more stable when using nve driver no crashes still but the
 > >  > performance is around the same maxing out at around 200mbit.  I was
 > >  > expecting nearer 400-500mbit.
 > >  >
 > >  > e1000phy0: <Marvell 88E1116 Gigabit PHY> on miibus0
 > >  >

 > > There had been issues nfe(4) with 88E1116/88E1149 PHYs but your issue
 > > seems to be different one. How about manually set media configuration?
 > > For example, "ifconfig nfe0 media 1000baseTX mediaopt full-duplex"

[...]

 > I typod I meant to say nve was unstable and nfe has been rock solid so
 > great work with the driver.  I enabled mpsafe now and still no
 > problems and its gave me a little more performance as well, a shame my
 > nic has no hardware features (unusual for a gigabit nic) but overall
 > glad its at least stable.

How did you check network performance?
Maxing out at around 200Mbps seems weird. Personally, I had never seen
GigE hardwares that saturate at 200Mbps. One of causes I can think of
is speed/duplex mismatches with link partner. Manually setting
speed/duplex might fix your performance issue, I guess.

--
Regards,
Pyun YongHyeon