gbde and geli on 6.2

Michael Butler imb at protected-networks.net
Wed Sep 26 15:37:33 PDT 2007

Chris wrote:
> Hi I am concerned about the availabilities of these encryptions in
> freebsd releases that are marked stable.
>
> It seems gbde has a problem when the the data written goes over the
> lba boundary around lba48.

Could you please test the attached patch to /usr/src/sys/dev/ata/ata-all.c ?

I believe this may be due to the error in the underlying ata driver
rather than specifically to do with encryption.

As a side note - Soren, could we get this commited to both -current and
-stable if there aren't any significant objections?

	Michael