ICH9 ethernet part (82566) woes

Daniel O'Connor doconnor at gsoft.com.au
Sun Sep 23 20:08:11 PDT 2007

On Fri, 21 Sep 2007, Jack Vogel wrote:
> Then on the side menu pick network connectivity, then server adapter,
> and select an adapter, it shouldnt matter which. Once at that page
> there is a pulldown for OS, select FreeBSD and tada...

I found this ->
http://support.intel.com/support/network/sb/CS-006120.htm

Which leads me to v6.4.1 which claims support for the part in question
(checking the source shows the PCI ID)

It also has patches for TSO, although it appears to be optional.

I just installed it and it appears to work fine, I haven't done any
performance testing though, however I am only interested in basic
connectivity.

> I just looked however and the latest on there is from the last
> release, 6.5.6 which is only for 7.  E1000 was not the real focus of
> this release, the new Oplin 10G was, however as I said, 6.6.6 has the
> nice feature of compiling on both OS versions, and it has the support
> you need.
>
> Just give them a week and I think it will be there, maybe I can take
> a break from my other work and get to the MFC.

As the 6.4.1 driver works I am happy :)

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum