ICH9 ethernet part (82566) woes

Jack Vogel jfvogel at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 16:51:57 PDT 2007

On 9/20/07, Daniel O'Connor <doconnor at gsoft.com.au> wrote:
> I recently got a Supermicro C2SBA motherboard
> http://supermicro.com/products/motherboard/Core2Duo/G33/C2SBA.cfm and I
> have just found that the ethernet chip is not detected in 6.2 :(
>
> It appears to be supported in HEAD but I'd rather not use that. I did
> try a quick hack MFC for test purposes but it appears the em(4) driver
> uses lots of wizz bang features :)
>
> I had a look on Intel's site but that just points to FreeBSD.org..
>
> Are there any plans to MFC it? I will have a deeper look on Monday to
> try my own MFC again, although since I am lazy I'd prefer if someone's
> already done the work :)
>
> Failing that.. Any idea how hard it would be to add the ID for this
> controller to the driver in 6.2? (ie does it need magic not present in
> the driver)

Yes, I suppose its getting to be time to MFC, I had avoided it because
everyone was so happy and quiet :) One thing I was waiting on was
for the TSO code to get MFC'ed first, that would make it possible to
get all the features from HEAD.

Andre, any cycles to get to that soon?

What you will be able to do shortly is download the new driver from
Intel, version 6.6.6 (LOL, really :), it has the nice feature of being
compilable for either 7 or 6. I just don't think its hit the website
quite yet, any day now. I have been real busy, but I will begin
the work to do an MFC.

Regards,

Jack