Kernel hangs if build without I486_CPU

Simon Barner barner at FreeBSD.org
Sun Sep 9 13:22:39 PDT 2007

Hello,

when I updated my 6.2-STABLE (i386) system yesterday, I noticed that
the kernel would hang on startup if it was build without I486_CPU.

Unfortunatelly, I did not keep my old kernel binary, but IIRC the
last time I csup'ed was on June 26 2007.

The reason why I am reporting the hang is the I wonder whether the
change that caused the hang was intentional.

I uploaded the dmesg from the updated kernel (with I486_CPU) and my
kernel configuration to

http://people.freebsd.org/~barner/kernelhang/

Just let me know if you need more information...

--
Best regards / Viele Grüße,                             barner at FreeBSD.org
 Simon Barner                                                barner at gmx.de