wpa_supplicant features and compile options

Tom Judge tom at tomjudge.com
Thu Sep 6 08:06:57 PDT 2007

Mark Andrews wrote:
>> On 12/23/-58 20:59, Greg Rivers wrote:
>>> require the EAP_GTC and EAP_OTP features in wpa_supplicant.  These
>>> features are not compiled into wpa_supplicant by default.
>>>
>>> Using the patch below works great, but it's inconvenient having to
>>> remember to apply it after every cvsup.  Is there a better way to
>>> accomplish this?  If not, might a change such as this be committed to
>>> enable GTC and OTP by default?
>>>
>> Greg,
>>
>> I'm unable to comment on including your patch into cvs, but for own
>> patches like your's, I'm using a script which does 1) csup and 2)
>> integrate a bunch of patches into /usr/src.
>>
>> HTH
>>
>> Volker

> 	Or you can transfer the cvs repository and update your
> 	source tree from that using cvs.  You just leave the local
> 	changes uncommitted.
>
> 	Alteratively you can "cvs import" the FreeBSD src periodically.
> 	You can then commit local changes.  This can also make it
> 	easy to roll back to your previous build state.  This should
> 	take less disk space than the previous solution.
>
> 	Mark
There is a better way, you can use cvsup to mirror the FreeBSD cvs
repository and then use cvs to commit your changes to your own branch.
There is a flag for cvs that you can set that causes branches you make
to have really high branch numbers so that they are not likely to clash
with the branches in the master repository.

Tom