FYI: Promise TX4 silent corruption (RELENG_7)

Alexander Sabourenkov screwdriver at lxnt.info
Tue Oct 30 05:17:16 PDT 2007

Hello.

I was experiencing the same problem with TX4 on both Linux and FreeBSD.

It was determined that the root cause is a hardware bug in controller.

Patch that implements a workaround inspired by vendor-supplied driver:

http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-ide/msg15858.html

I have not yet had enough time to make sense of FreeBSD ata subsystem
and patch it the same way.

 From first glances it seems like we need to implement something like
ata_marvell_dmasetprd() (file dev/ata/ata-chipset.c)

--

./lxnt