Is anyone seeing BIND 9.3.4-P1 use all CPU time on 6.2-STABLE?

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Mon Oct 29 22:48:14 PDT 2007

On Mon, 29 Oct 2007, Scott Lambert wrote:

> I have a 6.2-STABLE snapshot box from August that where named(8) is
> going into what appears to be a tight loop calling gettimeofday().  It
> is using all CPU time on the box.  It seems to be answering queries
> alright, just using a lot of CPU.

I think your best bet would probably be to try BIND 9.4 and see if it does
the same thing. 9.3.x is still going to get some bugfixes, but more
attention has been paid to the 9.4.x branch.

If you're building bind94 on RELENG_6 make sure to unselect the threads
option.

hth,

Doug