Disk Quota Support for FreeBSD Kernel

Miguel Lopes Santos Ramos miguel at anjos.strangled.net
Tue Oct 16 15:11:42 PDT 2007

> From: "Chaminda Indrajith" <indrajith at adm.sltidc.lk>
>
> Warning:  Can't find the `6.2-RELEASE-p4' distribution on this FTP
> server.  You may need to visit a different server for the release you
> are trying to fetch or go to the Options menu and to set the release
> name to explicitly match what's available on ftp.freebsd.org (or set
> to "any").
>
> Please help me to install kernel source and rebuild kernel.

I think this would work, edit /usr/share/examples/cvsup/stable-supfile, or
perhaps edit a copy of it in some directory of your own.

Make sure you have edit these lines:

*default host=CHANGE_THIS.FreeBSD.org
*default release=cvs tag=RELENG_6

changing CHANGE_THIS to cvsup or cvsup4 or something near you, and
tag=RELENG_6 to tag=RELENG_6_2.

Check if you have the command csup installed, if you do, then do:

# csup -L 2 stable-supfile

If you don't, install the port cvsup and do:

# cvsup -g -L 2 stable-supfile

I think this will work. The directory /usr/src must already be created.

This is for installing the sources for the full system...

If you want only the kernel sources manually fetch using FTP the ssys.* files
from the src directory of 6.2-RELEASE. Also fetch the install script, install.sh,
on the same directory. Then run it :-)

Oh... about building... see the handbook, I'm sure to forget some step.

Miguel Ramos