Disk Quota Support for FreeBSD Kernel

Chaminda Indrajith indrajith at adm.sltidc.lk
Mon Oct 15 06:36:59 PDT 2007

Dear All,
I am new to FreeBSD and I need a help from you all please..

I have installed FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE and did Binary Security Update
from freebsd-update.

Then I have tried to rebuild the kernel with Disk Quota support, but
kernel source was not available in my new server. I gave a try with
sysinstall, but it failed and the following error message was
appeared.

Warning:  Can't find the `6.2-RELEASE-p4' distribution on this FTP
server.  You may need to visit a different server for the release you
are trying to fetch or go to the Options menu and to set the release
name to explicitly match what's available on ftp.freebsd.org (or set
to "any").

Please help me to install kernel source and rebuild kernel.

Regards
Chaminda Indrajith