Promise SATA300/TX4 and SATA DVD

Keith Mitchell kmitch at guru.org
Tue Oct 2 20:34:37 PDT 2007

Jeremy Chadwick wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 02, 2007 at 03:07:28PM -0400, Keith Mitchell wrote:
>
>> I'm running 6.2-STABLE from about 2 weeks ago.  I looked and didn't see any
>> ata driver updates so I think I have the latest on the RELENG_6 tree.  I
>> also booted in verbose mode and didn't see anything too obvious but the
>> messages are below...  Does the driver for this card not support atapi
>> devices?
>>

> If I remember correctly, the present ATA driver in RELENG_6 does not
> support ATAPI devices on SATA.  CURRENT is supposed to.

This drive works on other controller cards just fine :-)  I know it
isn't supported in 6.2 but 6.2-STABLE does work at least on some
controllers.  I know for a fact it works on the SiL 3114 and Intel ICH8
controllers... Just not on this promise card..  (the Intel ICH8 is on a
different machine running the same vintage of 6.2-STABLE... the SiL 3114
is from this very machine and version of 6.2-STABLE... that controller
has other issues for me though).

--
Keith Mitchell
Email: kmitch at guru.org		PGP key available upon request