Also seeing 2 x quad-core system slower that 2 x dual core

Claus Guttesen kometen at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 20:59:27 PST 2007

> Thing is that GENERIC as installed out of the box should not take two minutes
> to delete a gig of files off a 15k RPM SAS drive! especially not
> when identical hardware with half the number of processor cores only takes
> eleven seconds to do the same job. Something is wrong somewhere if doubling
> your CPU's results in a factor of 12 slowdown surely?

Is it possible to disable one of the quad-core cpu's from bios? I have
a couple of DL360's myself but I haven't had the need to disable one
of the cpu's.

If so it could be interesting to see whether the specific task goes
slower/faster.

--
regards
Claus

the gentlest gamester is the soonest winner.

Shakespeare