RELENG_7 jerky mouse and skipping sound (still a problem -BETA3)

Anish Mistry mistry.7 at osu.edu
Mon Nov 19 09:50:17 PST 2007

On Wednesday 07 November 2007, Anish Mistry wrote:
> On Monday 05 November 2007, [LoN]Kamikaze wrote:
> > Marc Fonvieille wrote:

> > > It has nothing to do with the mouse.
> >
> > Does the problem persist for you? It's gone for me, even with
> > moused.
>
> Yes, the problem seems to have been fixed.  I'm back to
> kern.hz=1000 and removed FULL_PREEMPTION.  No skipping.
It looks like I spoke too soon.  I've just tried to compile miro and
as it was compiling the boost-python dependency I noticed the problem
again.  Switching kern.hz="100" seems to fix the problem.  Can any of
the developers in this area reproduce the issue?  It's pretty easy to
reproduce on my 1.33Ghz Athlon.

--
Anish Mistry