No boot messages after upgrading to 7.0-BETA2

AngryWolf angrywolf at flashmail.com
Fri Nov 9 07:29:15 PST 2007

Hi,

Recently I upgraded my FreeBSD 6.2 system to 7.0-BETA2 using cvsup and the
following howto, except that what I first did was a `pkg_delete -a':

http://d-kriptik.com/blog/2007/10/30/updating-to-freebsd-7-beta-1-from-freebsd-62/

Everything went OK, except that, after the second reboot, now I can see:

- no system messages (what I usually see in dmesg),
- no rc messages (about daemons startup),
- no general syslog messages (like using command 'su').

It's like I've lost the default tty or something, because after the boot
process finishes, I can still log in, KDM starts up fine, etc.

How can I fix this?

FreeBSD localhost.localdomain 7.0-BETA2 FreeBSD 7.0-BETA2 #7: Fri Nov  9
13:16:53 CET 2007
angrywolf at localhost.localdomain:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/MYKERNEL  i386

I used the GENERIC configuration with the only difference that I added `device
atapicam' for kbd.

Also, I'm not sure whether I should enable SMP for my CPU, which is Intel(R)
Celeron(R) D 3.20GHz.

Thanks in advance.

--
AngryWolf