Understanding libpthread.so.2 undef reference error....

Norberto Meijome freebsd at meijome.net
Tue Nov 6 16:44:56 PST 2007

On Wed, 07 Nov 2007 00:32:16 +0100
Kris Kennaway <kris at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> > no,no, totally my bad - i am sure i had copies of my 6.2 packages in /usr/ports/packages/All. I did a clean install but merged back some files (/home, /usr/ports/distfiles and packages) .
> > thanks,
>
> OK, glad you got it resolved.

yup, thanks :)

what I did is uninstalled compat6x, then did

ldd /usr/local/lib/*so* | less

and searched for all the libraries that were referencing missing libraries, found what packages those belonged to and rebuilt them. The only one that hasn't been fixed in this way is ImageMagick, i keep getting references to
/usr/local/lib/libMagick++.so:
        libz.so.3 => not found (0x0)

        libm.so.4 => not found (0x0)

but they also refer the correct libraries in 7.0 :

        libz.so.4 => /lib/libz.so.4 (0x2836e000)

        libm.so.5 => /lib/libm.so.5 (0x288ba000)

not sure what is going on there, but it seems ok.

cheers,
{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

  Albert Einstein